|1st||+0||+2||+0||+2||Spellcasting, Combat Panache||5||4||-||-|
|2nd||+1||+3||+0||+3||Lesser Archetype Power||6||5||-||-|
|4th||+3||+4||+1||+4||Moderate Archetype Power||6||6||4||-|
|6th||+4||+5||+2||+5||Greater Archetype Power, Capstone SLA||6||6||6||4|
Proficiencies: The red mage is proficient with light armor, medium armor as well as simple and martial weapons. He does not suffer from arcane failure while in light armor or medium armor, though he suffers normally from all other kinds of armor and shields.
Spellcasting: The red mage casts arcane spells from a specialized list, which is included below. The red mage need not prepare spells ahead of time – he may spontaneously cast any spell on his list from the appropriate slot. He still requires eight hours of rest to refresh his spells. His sole casting stat is Charisma, which dictates both the DC of his spells and his bonus spells. To cast a spell, the red mage must have a Charisma score equal to 10 + the level of spell in question.
Combat Panache: The red mage trains equally in sword and spell – as a full-round action, he may make a single melee or ranged attack and cast a spell, even if he has no free hand to do so. In addition, the red mage counts as a fighter of two-thirds his own level for the purpose of qualifying for feats.
Lesser Archetype Power: At 2nd level, the red mage chooses one of the archetypes from the list below. Once made, this choice is final. He gains the appropriate lesser power for his archetype. He also adds the listed spells to his spell list when he is capable of casting that level of spells.
Battlefield Intelligence: At 3rd level, the red mage gains a +2 untyped bonus to all Knowledge checks involving the identification of foes.
Moderate Archetype Power: At 4th level, the red mage gains the appropriate moderate power for his archetype.
Spellbattle Escalation: The red mage gains a +2 to attack rolls and damage rolls against a specific opponent if he has successfully cast an offensive spell against that opponent in an encounter. The red mage also gains a +2 bonus to penetrate spell resistance and a +1 bonus to the DCs of spells cast against a specific opponent if he has successfully attacked that opponent in melee. These bonuses last until the end of the encounter.
Greater Archetype Power: At 6th level, the red mage gains the appropriate greater power for his archetype.
Capstone SLA: At 6th level, the red mage gains the ability to cast a particular spell as an SLA 1/day, as appropriate for his archetype. His caster level is equal to his hit dice, and the DC of the spell, if applicable, is equal to 10 + 1/2 his hit dice + his Charisma modifier.
Red Mage Spell List
- 0th: Acid Splash, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Flare, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Read Magic
- 1st: Alarm, Blade of Blood, Burning Hands, Burning Rage, Endure Elements, Enlarge Person, Grease, Jet of Steam, Magic Missile, Magic Weapon, Shield, Shocking Grasp, Summon Monster I (non-lawful only), True Strike
- 2nd: Bear’s Endurance, Boiling Blood, Bear’s Strength, Combust, Continual Flame, Eagle’s Splendor, Fire Trap, Flame Blade, Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust, Incendiary Slime, Protection from Arrows, Pyrotechnics, Resist Energy, Scorching Ray, Spiritual Weapon, Summon Monster II (non-lawful only)
- 3rd: Dispel Magic, Explosive Runes, Fireball, Flame Arrow, Haste, Heroism, Greater Magic Weapon, Keen Edge, Lightning Bolt, Magic Circle Against Alignment, Phantom Steed, Protection from Energy, Slow, Summon Monster III (non-lawful only)
Red Mage Archetypes
- Bonus Spells:
- Capstone SLA: Displacer Form or Trollshape
- Lesser Archetype Power: While polymorphed, a chaos child gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and Constitution.
- Moderate Archetype Power: Any beneficial polymorph spell cast on a chaos child is automatically extended.
- Greater Archetype Power: A chaos child may ignore the somatic or verbal components of spells with a range of personal or touch while polymorphed, and may cast those spells even when in an alternate form.
- Bonus Spells:
- Capstone SLA: Voice of the Dragon or Wings of Flurry
- Lesser Archetype Power: A crimson disciple gains the claw and bite attacks of a 2nd level dragon disciple. If he already possesses a bite and/or claw attack(s), their damage is increased by one step. In addition, a crimson disciple gains the dragonblood subtype and counts as a sorcerer of his level for the purposes of qualifying for draconic feats.
- Moderate Archetype Power: A crimson disciple gains the ability to breathe fire in a thirty-foot cone, with a Reflex save for half damage. The DC is equal to 10 + 1/2 the crimson disciple’s HD + his Constitution modifier. His breath weapon does 1d8 damage per two hit dice he has. Once he uses his breath weapon, he may not do so for another 1d4 rounds. In addition, he gains darkvision out to 60 feet and a +4 bonus to saves against sleep and paralysis.
- Greater Archetype Power: A crimson disciple gains a pair of draconic wings that allow him to fly at twice his base land speed, with average maneuverability.
- Bonus Spells:
- Capstone SLA: Metal Melt or Stoneskin
- Lesser Archetype Power: A magesmith gains proficiency with heavy armor and shields, and does not suffer from arcane spell failure while wearing equipment from those categories.
- Moderate Archetype Power: A magesmith’s effective caster level is doubled when crafting magical weapons or armor, to a maximum of 12th level.
- Greater Archetype Power: Once per day, a magesmith may imbue any weapon he is holding with any combination of enchantment up to a +2 bonus. These bonuses last twenty-four hours, or until the magesmith no longer possesses the weapon.
- Bonus Spells:
- Capstone SLA: Firestride Exhalation or Orb of Fire
- Lesser Archetype Power: A pyromancer deals one extra point of damage per die when using fire spells or fire SLAs – this extra damage also applies to any fire damage on the pyromancer’s weapon, if applied via one of his spells.
- Moderate Archetype Power: When casting fire spells, a pyromancer may choose to not have allies in the area of effect be affected by the spell.
- Greater Archetype Power: Three times per day, a pyromancer may choose to have one of his fire spells ignore whatever resistance to fire (but not immunity) the target(s) possess. If the target possesses Evasion, it may not use that ability against the pyromancer’s spell.
- Bonus Spells:
- Capstone SLA: Parboil or Wall of Sand
- Lesser Archetype Power: A sand shaper may add his Charisma modifier to his armor class as long as he does not wear any armor or wield a shield. In addition, he may summon dustform creatures of the appropriate level when casting Summon Monster, as if he knew the Summon Desert Ally spell line.
- Moderate Archetype Power: A sand shaper receives a bonus to his base land speed of 20 feet. He may also move normally over loose sand and dirt.
- Greater Archetype Power: A sand shaper may shape soil, dirt, loose rock, and sand into mundane items for his use. He may create any item so long as the value of the item is fifty GP or less, and he must spend one round concentrating for each 10 GP in value of the item. Once shaped, the item lasts for ten minutes, at which point it dissolves back into its original form. A sand shaper may not create alchemical or edible items with this ability, nor may he form any sort of liquid.
|Races||Classes||Skills||Feats||Class Features||Revised Rules||Other|
|Mystic Classes:||Black Mage||Blue Mage||Green Mage||Red Mage||White Mage|