Class Skills: Acrobatics, Affability, Appraisal, Bluff, Ciphers, Cultures, Disguises, Escape Artistry, Intimidation, Legerdemain, Perception, Psychology, Sorcery, Stealth
Skill Points: 6 per level
|Level||BAB||Fort||Ref||Will||Class Features||0th-Level Spells/Day||1st-Level Spells/Day||2nd-Level Spells/Day|
|2nd||+1||+0||+3||+3||Lesser Archetype Feature||3||2||-|
|3rd||+2||+1||+3||+2||Song of Vitality||4||2||-|
|4th||+3||+1||+4||+4||Moderate Archetype Feature||4||3||1|
|6th||+4||+2||+5||+5||Greater Archetype Feature, Sound and Fury||5||4||2|
The poet is proficient with light armor and shields (except tower shields). He is proficient with simple and martial weapons.
The poet has a limited ability to cast spells. He chooses one of the five mystic classes: Black Mage, Blue Mage, Green Mage, Red Mage, or White Mage; this choice is permanent. He may spontaneously cast any spell drawn from the list of the chosen class, not including spells given by archetypes. His sole casting stat is Charisma, which dictates both the DC of the spell in question and his bonus spells. To cast a spell, the poet must have a Charisma score equal to 10 + the level of the spell in question. The poet does not suffer from arcane spell failure while wearing light armor or equipped with a shield (except tower shields).
The poet has the ability to Inspire his allies and dishearten his enemies, using music or some other audible method. All Inspiration abilities are supernatural abilities and require a standard action to activate unless otherwise specified. After an ability has been started, the poet can concentrate as a swift action to continue the effects. If the poet ceases concentration or activates another ability, the first ability ends, though it’s effects may linger on. All Inspiration abilities require affected creatures to be able to hear the poet; silencing the poet or area, deafening the creature, or the creature moving out of hearing range nullifies any effects. The poet may use this ability a number of times per day equal to his class level plus his Charisma modifier. He selects two of the following Inspiration abilities; these may not be changed later.
- Fascinate: One creature within 60’ must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 level + Charisma modifier) or be fascinated, taking no action but to sit quietly and listen to the poet for as long as he concentrates. At 4th level, this ability can affect two creatures simultaneously. Obvious dangers or threats prevent this ability from working, or end the effect if its already active, while potential threats allow a creature a new saving throw to break the effect. When a creature escapes the effect, the poet can affect another creature when he spends the swift action to continue concentrating. If a creature successfully saves or has the effect broken, it is immune to this ability for 24 hours. This ability is considered to be an enchantment (compulsion) and mind-affecting ability.
- Inspire Awe: All enemies within 60’ must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 level + Charisma modifier) or be shaken for as long as the the poet concentrates and for 5 rounds after. At 4th level, this ability frightens a creature the first round they’re exposed to it; they are shaken for the rest of the duration. If a creature successfully saves, it is immune to this ability for 24 hours.
- Inspire Courage: All allies within 60’ gain a +2 morale bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws against [Fear] effects. At 4th level, these bonuses increase to +3. This lasts for as long as the poet concentrates, and five rounds after.
- Inspire Vigor: All allies within 60’ gain fast healing 1, but only when they are at or below half health. At 4th level, this ability instead gives fast healing 2. This lasts for as long as the poet concentrates.
Lesser Archetype Feature
At 2nd level, the poet chooses one of the archetypes from the list below. Once made, this choice is final. He gains the appropriate lesser feature for his archetype.
At 3rd level, the poet may select two new Inspiration abilities, either from the following or from ones he previously didn’t select:
- Inspire Competence: Whenever allies within 60’ attempt a particular skill check (chosen when the ability is activated), they may roll two dice and use the better result. This lasts for as long as the poet concentrates, and five rounds after.
- Inspire Sorcery: Allies within 60’ who cast spells around the poet treat their caster level as 1 higher. This has no effect on ongoing spells. This lasts for as long as the poet concentrates, and five rounds after.
- Wordstrike: Each round, as part of the standard action to start this ability or the swift action to continue it, the poet can make a ranged touch attack against a creature or unattended object within 60’. This deals 1d6+his Charisma modifier in sonic damage if successful, and ignores object hardness.
Moderate Archetype Feature
At 4th level, the poet gains the appropriate moderate feature for his archetype.
Greater Archetype Feature
At 6th level, the poet gains the appropriate greater feature for his archetype.
At 6th level, once per encounter, the poet may use an Inspiration ability without it being deducted from his daily limit. He may use this ability even if he has no uses of Inspiration left.
Keening (Lesser Archetype Feature)
A banshee gains the following Inspiration ability:
- Keening: All creatures and objects within 30’ suffer 1d8 sonic damage per level. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 level + Charisma modifier) halves the damage.
Penetrating Cry (Moderate Archetype Feature)
The banshee’s Inspiration abilities work through silence effects and on deafened creatures. Whenever the banshee uses Keening, creatures who fail their Fortitude save are stunned for one round.
Vociferous Whispers (Greater Archetype Feature)
The banshee gains the following Inspiration ability:
- Vociferous Whispers: One opponent is dealt sonic damage equal to the banshee’s Charisma modifier each round and is deafened with no save. This ability lasts for as long as the banshee concentrates. If desired, the banshee may instead use this ability against unattended objects – the sonic damage ignores the object’s hardness. This ability requires the spending of two uses of Inspiration.
Hymn of Fortification (Lesser Archetype Feature)
A chanter gains the following Inspiration ability:
- Hymn of Fortification: All allies within 60ft benefit from a Protection from Evil, Good, Law, or Chaos, chosen when the chanter activates this ability. These effects last for as long as the chanter concentrates, and five rounds after. At 4th level, this ability instead replicates a Magical Circle against Evil, Good, Law, or Chaos spell, with a 30ft radius and centered on the chanter, granting the same benefits to allies within its effect and in addition prohibiting (non-allied) creatures of the appropriate alignment from even entering the area.
Healing Hymn (Moderate Archetype Feature)
- (Greater Archetype Feature)
Inspire Dread (Lesser Archetype Feature)
A doomsinger gains the following Inspiration ability:
- Inspire Dread: All opponents within 60’ suffer a -2 penalty to all saves. This penalty lasts for as long as the doomsinger concentrates, and five rounds after. This penalty increases to -3 at 4th level and -4 at 6th level.
Dark Tirade (Moderate Archetype Feature)
All allies under the effects of the doomsinger’s Inspire Courage ability deal an additional 1d6 negative energy damage with all attacks. At 6th level, the additional damage increases to 2d6.
Song of the Dead (Greater Archetype Feature)
The doomsinger gains the following Inspiration ability:
- Song of the Dead: One corpse within 60ft is reanimated as a skeleton or a zombie under the doomsinger’s command. This ability only functions on corporeal creatures of up to 8 HD with skeletal structures. This ability lasts as long as the doomsinger concentrates, and five rounds after, after which the corpse falls dead, unable to be reanimated. This ability requires the spending of two uses of Inspiration.
Martial Rhapsodist (Lesser Archetype Feature)
A skald gains the ability to learn and initiate Maneuvers, and selects one discipline to learn maneuvers from. He learns three 1st level maneuvers from that discipline; at least one of them must be a stance. Every level after this one, he learns an additional maneuver, gaining access to 2nd level maneuvers at 4th. These maneuvers are each usable once per encounter, except for stances. He gains proficiency with medium armor, and may ignore arcane spell failure while wearing it.
Rousing Ode (Moderate Archetype Feature)
The bonuses given by the skald’s Inspire Courage ability increase by 1, and the bonus given by his Inspire Competence ability increases to +4.
Inspire Greatness (Greater Archetype Feature)
The skald gains the following Inspiration ability:
- Inspire Greatness: One ally is stirred to greatness, gaining 2 bonus Hit Dice (d10s), the commensurate number of temporary hit points (apply the target’s Constitution modifier, if any, to these bonus Hit Dice), a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, and a +1 competence bonus on Fortitude saves. This lasts for as long as the skald concentrates, and five rounds after. This ability requires the spending of two uses of Inspiration.
In addition, his Inspire Courage ability now grants immunity to fear.
(Lesser Archetype Feature)
A trickster may spend one use of his Inspiration ability to give all opponents within 30’ a -1 penalty to attack rolls and armor class. This penalty lasts for as long as the poet concentrates, and five rounds after. This penalty increases to -2 at 4th level and -3 at 6th level.
(Moderate Archetype Feature)
If a trickster successfully denies an opponent its Dexterity bonus to armor class by feinting, one ally who threatens that opponent may immediately make a melee attack against it. This attack does not use up that ally’s immediate action for the round.
(Greater Archetype Feature)
Any opponents affected by a trickster’s lesser archetype feature must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 level + Charisma modifier) the first round they are affected or be confused. If they fail their save, they may make another the following round. A creature that saves against this ability is immune to it for 24 hours.
|Mystic Classes:||Black Mage||Blue Mage||Green Mage||Red Mage||White Mage|