|2nd||+1||+0||+0||+3||Lesser Archetype Power||6||5||-||-|
|4th||+2||+1||+1||+4||Moderate Archetype Power||6||6||4||-|
|6th||+3||+2||+2||+5||Greater Archetype Power, Capstone SLA||6||6||6||4|
The blue mage is proficient with light armor and simple weapons. He does not suffer from arcane failure while in light armor, though he suffers normally from all other kinds of armor and shields.
The blue mage casts arcane spells from a specialized list, which is included below. The blue mage need not prepare spells ahead of time – he may spontaneously cast any spell on his list from the appropriate slot. He still requires eight hours of rest to refresh his spells. His sole casting stat is Intelligence, which dictates both the DC of his spells and his bonus spells. To cast a spell, the blue mage must have an Intelligence score equal to 10 + the level of spell in question.
As a full-round action, the blue mage may move up to his base speed while also searching each 5’ square immediately in front of him for traps. He must “take 10” when using this ability, and can not make a check for squares searched in this way. If the blue mage reduces his speed to only half of his base speed, he may “take 15” for the round instead. The blue mage may do this in difficult circumstances and without penalty, but he is limited to only finding those traps he could otherwise find based on his ranks in Devices.
Lesser Archetype Power
At 2nd level, the blue mage chooses one of the archetypes from the list below. Once made, this choice is final. He gains the appropriate lesser power for his archetype. He also adds the listed spells to his spell list when he is capable of casting that level of spells.
Moderate Archetype Power
At 4th level, the blue mage gains the appropriate power for his archetype.
At 5th level, the blue mage no longer needs to use the correct spell to counterspell – he may counterspell with any spell of an equivalent level.
Greater Archetype Power
At 6th level, the blue mage gains the appropriate power for his archetype.
At 6th level, the blue mage gains the ability to cast a particular spell as an SLA 1/day, as appropriate for his archetype. His caster level is equal to his hit dice, and the DC of the spell, if applicable, is equal to 10 + 1/2 his hit dice + his Intelligence modifier.
Blue Mage Spell List
- 0th: Amaneunsis, Arcane Mark, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation
- 1st: Charm Person, Color Spray, Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Doors, Floating Disk, Frost Fingers, Identify, Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Alignment, Silent Image, Sleep, Summon Monster I (non-chaotic creatures only), Unseen Servant, Ventriloquism
- 2nd: Blur, Cloud of Bewilderment, Detect Thoughts, Dimension Hop, Gust of Wind, Hideous Laughter, Ice Knife, Invisibility, Knock, Levitate, Minor Image, Mirror Image, See Invisibility, Summon Monster II (non-chaotic creatures only), Touch of Idiocy, Whispering Wind
- 3rd: Arcane Sight, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Deep Slumber, Dimension Step, Dispel Magic, Displacement, Fly, Gaseous Form, Hold Person, Invisibility Sphere, Legion of Sentinels, Magic Circle Against Alignment, Major Image, Nondetection, Sleet Storm, Suggestion, Summon Monster III (non-chaotic creatures only), Water Breathing, Wind Wall
Blue Mage Archetypes
- Bonus Spells:
- Capstone SLA: Greater Mirror Image or Celerity
- Lesser Archetype Power: A chronomancer gains a +4 bonus to initiative. This bonus is also shared with any adjacent allies at the beginning of combat.
- Moderate Archetype Power: A chronomancer may take a swift action at any time he could take an immediate action – however, he is still limited to one per round.
- Greater Archetype Power: Once per day, a chronomancer may jump back in time, allowing him to replay one round. He may make different choices and reroll any relevant rolls. He must declare that he is using this ability at the end of his turn. This ability may not be used if the chronomancer is unconscious or otherwise mentally unaware.
- Bonus Spells:
- Capstone SLA: Ice Storm or Wall of Ice
- Lesser Archetype Power: A hyperborean gains resistance to cold 5 and may add the ice beast template to his summoned creatures, as if he knew the Conjure Ice Beast (FB) spell line.
- Moderate Archetype Power: Anytime a hyperborean deals damage to an opponent with a [cold] spell, that opponent is slowed for one round with no save.
- Greater Archetype Power: A hyperborean gains the cold subtype and emits an aura of frost, doing 1d6 cold damage per round to all opponents within ten feet. Allies are unaffected.
- Bonus Spells:
- Capstone SLA: Confusion or Dominate Person
- Lesser Archetype Power: A mountebank may add his Intelligence modifier to his Bluff skill, in addition to his Charisma modifier.
- Moderate Archetype Power: If a mountebank is able to cast a spell of the enchantment or illusion school upon an opponent who is unaware of the mountebank’s presence, the DC of that spell increases by 1.
- Greater Archetype Power Three times per day, a mountebank may ignore an opponent’s immunity to mind-affecting spells with one casting of a spell or SLA.
- Bonus Spells:
- Capstone SLA: Baleful Blink or Dimension Door
- Lesser Archetype Power: A wayfarer gains the Abrupt Jaunt alternative class feature as described in the Player’s Handbook II.
- Moderate Archetype Power: A wayfarer may use a modified version of Spring Attack when teleporting – he may pause at any point during the line of transport, take a standard action (if he has one available), and then continue to his final destination.
- Greater Archetype Power A wayfarer is able to target one additional creature when using a spell or SLA of the teleportation subschool. A wayfarer may take one additional creature along when using Dimension Door, for example, or switch the positions of three allies using Benign Transposition. This ability does not apply to the wayfarer’s Abrupt Jaunt ability.
- Bonus Spells:
- Capstone SLA: Greater Invisibility or Shadow Conjuration
- Lesser Archetype Power: Opponents take a -4 penalty when attempting to disbelieve a weaver’s illusions, and must still make a save even when presented with proof that it is unreal.
- Moderate Archetype Power: A weaver may concentrate on illusion spells as a swift action.
- Greater Archetype Power After casting an illusion spell, a weaver gains 50% concealment for one round.
|Races||Classes||Skills||Feats||Class Features||Revised Rules||Other|
|Mystic Classes:||Black Mage||Blue Mage||Green Mage||Red Mage||White Mage|